2.16.2010

Welcome to DFG.com

Welcome to the temporary home of DiceFestGames.com. I haven't had time to put together a site, so this blog will have to serve my needs for now.

My name is Gregg Lewis-Qualls and I've been gamer of all stripes for many, many years. Recently I promised myself (and others) that I would get off my rear and do something creative in 2010. I have been kicking around a few ideas for board, card and tabletop games for many years - some even have their roots in the games that friends and I used to play in high school (that's the late eighties/early nineties for those playing along). Impressed by the rise of web-based publishing, I've decided to make a go of it.

The projects so far:

OUTRIDER

Outrider is a post-apocalyptic wargame set in (you guessed it) the semi-near future. Decades after the second American Civil War (CWII) - a conflict that spread across the globe - The wastelands of Middle-America give rise to a martial civilization not unlike the American Old West. Anyone seeking passage or parcel across the wastelands can hire Outriders, rugged mercenaries who pilot heavily armed vehicles built to withstand the punishment of the wastelands.

Players take on the role of Outriders, making their living running and gunning along the desolate, desert highways. Using a mixture of card and dice mechanics as well as wargame inspired play, Outrider gives the players a high level of detail and customization over their vehicles, while keeping the play intense and fast (as a game about cars with guns should!). Outrider is a miniatures-based game that uses cards and counters that can be printed and made with common, inexpensive materials as well as having possibly the largest range of inexpensive miniatures - 1/64 scale diecast cars.

Engage!

My second work in progress is a space combat sim. Still in early stages of development, this game will feature simultaneous movement mechanics and highly detailed 'helms' that will allow players to use dice and cards to represent customizable shipboard equipment. The play will be closer to a naval conflict as opposed to dogfighting as the focus is on capital ships skirmishing at sublight speeds.

TBA Dungeoncrawl

I'm also in the brainstorming stages for a dungeoncrawl 'Ghost hunter' type game that will focus around bidding-style mechanics for resolving actions/attacks.

That's all for now, I'll be posting updates as the come down the pipe.

-G

No comments :

Post a Comment